Download the PDF of the Call for Papers.
Original, high-impact research papers on RFID-related topics are welcomed for presentation at the conference. Papers will be selected based on originality, importance of the problem, technical merit, clarity, and the potential impact of the results. Accepted and presented papers will be submitted for inclusion in the IEEE conference proceedings and in IEEE Xplore®. Accepted papers will also be submitted for indexing to multiple abstract and indexing through EI Compendex, ScienceDirect, Scopus, Web of Knowledge, Thomson ISI, and IET Inspec.
- Antennas & Propagation: Antenna theory and designs, channel measurements and modeling
- Applications & Software: RFID software, middleware, network applications, reports on the introduction and operational experience of RFID applications (scientific focus!)
- Circuits, Devices & Interrogators: Circuit designs, non-silicon and chipless RFID, interrogator architecture, multi-interrogator coordination and interference reduction
- Next Generation PHY: MIMO and diversity techniques, ultra-wideband backscattering, hybrid ultra-wideband RFID tags and interrogators
- Localization: Performance bounds, novel system approaches, technologies, and algorithms in RFID tag and reader localization
- Power Harvesting: Ambient RF harvesting, power-optimized waveforms, RFID tags using kinetic, thermal, or optical power-harvesting
- Protocols & Security: Coding, anti-collision, cryptography and privacy-enhancing techniques, medium access schemes
- RFID in BioMed: Implantable sensors tags, performance analyses near/in biological fluids and tissues, antenna/system design for biomedical applications
- Sensors: Integration of sensors with RFID tags, including active, passive, or chipless mechanisms; RFID sensor modeling and analysis, devices for the Internet of Things
If your topic does not fit one of the above groups or if you are unsure which topic to select, please contact the TPC Chair at TPChair@ieee-rfid.org.
Dates and Deadlines
Paper submission: January 10, 2014 @ 23:59 AOE (Anywhere-On-Earth)
Tutorial/Workshop Proposals Due: January 20, 2014
Notifications of acceptance: February 7, 2014
Publication-ready version: March 3, 2014
Conference: April 8-10, 2014